Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Integrity vs Time

I’m really trying to focus on integrity. I want to be able to say that I’m filled to capacity with it. This means I do what I say I will do when I say I will do it.  I don’t struggle with this in a general sense so I didn’t think it would be so hard. Wrong.

Day 1) I woke up early so I knew I could get out of the door 10 minutes early so there would be no way I would be late to work. Integrity means being at your desk ready to start your job the minute the clock hits your start time. Turns out, Times Square was shut down and I had to take the train to a different station farther away and walk back. I was five minutes late. Attempting to work this through in my brain has been difficult. It’s the very first action of my new attempts with integrity focus and the failure was beyond my control. What now? Continue moving forward is all I can think of. 

Now I’m going to look through my work and really push to make sure I’ve done everything I said I would and have no guilt for being behind. DEEP BREATH.

Day 2) I took a cab because I was leaving a couple minutes late. Got caught in traffic and a 15 minute cab ride took 40 minutes leaving me both late and with $25 less.

Day 3) I left early again. The train was delayed due to a sick passenger. WHAT THE F*CK UNIVERSE?  What are you teaching me?


Time is so important in my life and it’s awful.

3 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

The universe is trying to say that january will NOT BE MISSED which is not to say that February is much better....

LL said...

What's that whole serenity prayer thing? Control the things you can, let go of the things you can't, wisdom to know the difference... or some such...

I think it's just telling you to move out of NY and find some backwoods Loser... :ewink:

I'm With Stupid said...

Life just has so many variables that are out of our control. Maybe the best option is to move into a place across the street from where you work? ha!

Jay