Monday, March 5, 2007

Death and Such

Found a fantastic webpage today while studying up on Ma Rainey. This site lets you listen to clips of her music which, to be honest, is a little rough. After all, it was the very beginning of recorded music. They still had some bumps to work out with sound quality, ya know? The site also tells a little about her life including how she died which was of a heart attack. I thought I should throw that in since it is such a theme of mine. In my last post I neglected to mention how Johnny Hartman died. Unfortunately I have not figured that out yet. All I know is that his music became much more popular when he did. Hmm... that sounds terrible. And now for a random quote.
"Music makes me feel so romantic - at least it always gets on one's nerves - which is the same thing nowadays." - Oscar Wilde

No comments: