Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I love my Doc.

I was all in a panic on Tuesday when my boss told me not to come in because I kept crying for no reason throughout Monday. I thought it must be the meds. I called my neurologist twice but I was very worried I wouldn't get ahold of him and this could be bad since I chose to stop taking previously mentioned medication.
He finally called around 4:30 and said "Carly? Gendelman." In the warmest voice ever. I was caught off guard because I was running back to my apartment which I was locked out of carrying $60 worth of boxed wine for my birthday. "Are you surprised I called?" he asked. I said Yes, No, I mean, I knew he would call but... obviously I was not prepared to talk right then. I tried to get my thoughts together and explain my concerns about my recent behavior changes. We talked for a few minutes and all of a sudden I start crying. Not in the way you might expect though. I'm not sure how many people can relate but it was the sort of crying a child would start up when they are sick at school and suddenly find themselves on the phone with mom. I already knew I loved this doctor but I guess this response proved to me how much I trust him. I know he sincerely wants to do what is best for me and I trust his decisions. This is unusual for me. I have a hard time trusting anyone. I believe I will be okay though. I didn't yesterday, but I really do believe that today.

I said I would talk about Casey in my last post's comments. He is one of my best friends whom I met awhile back through mutual friends. We started dating last September and broke up a few days before Valentines day. I mentioned in my first post that I was starting the blog partially due to a breakup making me realize I wasn't accomplishing what I wanted to in life. That was Casey. Then there was a two month period where I started seeing 6'8" in Brooklyn. In April Casey and I started seeing each other again. What can I say? I just can't help myself.

So, that is the update. Oh, and I think I just got an apt on 88th and Broadway!

4 comments:

Darla said...

I love how you mentioned the apartment like some sort of afterthought...REALLY?! CONGRATULATIONS!!

I'm so glad you are ok and have a doctor you can trust. I'm still worried though. Ask anyone, once you're my friend i'll worry about you all the time.

Thanks for the clarification on Casey, by the way. Sometimes it takes walking away from something to realize what it means to you.

$60 of boxed wine...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

GMEyster said...

Trust is such an issue for me, too. I can totally relate to how you described it, and I understand how IMPORTANT that is, especially in a situation like this! SO GLAD you feel that way about your doc. It will help calm you when you worry (and when we all worry for you).

Yay for 88th/Bway! How exciting!

Thanks also for clarification on Casey. I was merging him and 6'8". Hope you're happy :o)

JasonBSchmidt said...

Good.

OMG we're neighbors!

I'd like to merge Casey and 6'8''. YES I WOULD. MERGE 'EM RIGHT UP. MERGE 'EM GOOD.

I've lost my doodle.

Knight said...

Ew! No merging! That makes everything so very, very wrong!