Friday, December 21, 2007

And I'm Off

I'm trying to get through this last work day. Only four more hours before I head to Laguardia. I should be in my hometown tonight but I usually get stuck overnight in Chicago which is just sort of annoying. Not a problem though. I'm looking forward to some much needed time off from work.

Last night Casey took me out to celebrate the holidays. His family sent a gift for me of a little animal that sings my favorite scat song ever.


We went to Rockefeller to see the tree and falling ice skaters. We walked up to the rink ledge right after somebody proposed then watched them Zamboni for awhile. We never saw anyone skate let alone crash on their butt and ram into a wall. *Sigh* Oh well. Casey had a dinner reservation but he didn't tell me where so we headed downtown and walked up to what looked like a brothel to me. It was Lips "The Ultimate in Drag Dining". Dinner AND a show? It's Diva night? I get to watch a man dressed as Madonna tell my boyfriend to "Get on the floor." ? It was freakin' awesome! Casey has the best ideas. Oh, and guess what? They do brunch! Unlimited Champagne and Mimosas. (Of course I checked.)

It was a good night and a nice send off to the Midwest for 6 days. I hope my plant doesn't die. I have to go get coffee and cab money now. Later Kids.

2 comments:

GMEyster said...

I LOVE this post. You have a rockin' boyfriend and HELLO...Muppets? LOVE it!

Have fun in the Midwest - wave hi for me when you go over Ohio...

Knight said...

I can't be sure but I think Ohio winked at me when I waved.