Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy 2008 Y'all



Does anyone find the end of another year as depressing as I do? I never worry about getting older but when everybody stands staring at a clock talking about resolutions I start getting a little down on myself. It wasn't always this way but at this point in my life I'm wondering what I should attempt to accomplish this year. I don't think I did much last year and I'm feeling kind of useless. I don't much believe in resolutions so I'm making a list of goals for the year. I figure now is as good a time as any. In no particular order here goes:
1) Find a way to spend my working hours doing something that benefits society rather than something that drains it.
2) Go to Europe. (I'm keeping this vague.)
3) Get my physical and mental health in order. (I've been working on this one for awhile.)
4) Find my creative outlet(s).
5) Do something that makes me proud of me.
6) Find more friends like the ones I have because they are pretty f'n amazing.

I'm going to have to stop here. Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for many things in my life. I am a blessed person with a wonderful support system. I guess I'm just disappointed in myself lately. It's most definitely time for change. A big change. I might as well start right now instead of blogging, huh?

1 comment:

GMEyster said...

Good for you, Carly. It's so hard to get movitated sometimes, but once you're doing something, it can get exciting. You'll do it!