Taking a break from the story telling for now. I figure since it's Friday I should lighten the mood and take Jo's quirks suggestion. So, I sat at my desk trying to think of some and I didn't come up with anything. I am that lame. Then I figured, I see my co-workers all day every day and we go out occasionally. They might be able to come up with something. These are the responses I got.
1) Wide Eyed Stare. Okay, this is true. When I don't feel like responding I will just stare at you. It might look like I don't understand or I'm expecting a response but I do it because it makes people uncomfortable. I also do this out of the blue. This causes people to say "what?" as if I spoke to them. Most people are used to it by now but it sure is fun.
2) Black boots in summer. What? I like them. It's not like they are snow boots. They are leather.
3) Casual mention of disturbing situations. I'm not the type to get over excited. If something happens I might look over at the nearest person and casually say "Hey, did you see that plane just crash into that building over there?" They don't take me seriously at first but then they realize I'm serious and they can make a big deal of it.
4) Complete infatuation with Dean Martin. I don't get why this is a quirk. He was a glorious being. I hope to one day lay across his grave and declare my undying devotion to him. That isn't odd is it?
5) Repulsion of Poultry. Birds are gross. They are. I have not eaten bird for around ten years. I don't want birds flying near me. I don't like pet birds. I hate birds.
6) Crafty gifts for co-workers. Sometimes I write little nonsense notes and post them in their cube. I draw or print pictures and leave them around for them to find. I write events into their calendars. Like "Bath Day" or "Stump Appreciation Day". That's just the basic stuff.
That reminds me. The doorman of our office building, whom must be in his 70's, used to hand me cologne samples every day when I came in. I think he thought it was perfume. I was trying to be nice but eventually he asked me out. I thanked him for the offer and told him I'm not single. He stopped giving me gifts. It's too bad because I gave them to my co-workers each time and we had quite a collection started. I miss the doorman before him that mysteriously disappeared. He gave me books.
Have a lovely Friday!