I only know of one reader that actually pays any attention to the labels below each blog. Mostly I fill them in out of habit. Sometimes I write them specifically for GMEyster because I know she is looking. As of today I have made 174 unique labels. This is my 178th post. It wasn't all that surprising to find that 86 of these labels have only been used once. I really need to do something about that. When I started paying a little attention I discovered some disturbing things that are quite telling about my life. If you are a label writer you might find some trends in yours as well.
Here is a list of my top 10 most used labels:
1 Work (20)
2 Casey (19)
3 Me (17)
4 Friends (15)
5 Music (14)
6 Drinking (14)
7 Scary Ass People (13)
8 Unhealthy Obsessions (13)
9 Life (10)
10 Demon (10)
1) Work? I really talk about work more than anything else? That seriously sucks because my work is currently the bane of my existence. It spoils life. I have to address this immediately.
2) Awwwww. Clearly I have lost my mind. Stupid love. Makes me act all caring and crap. I do spend a lot of time with Casey so naturally I would speak of him often. Most people would think it is a good thing that he somehow ended higher up than my third label. It shocked the crap out of me though.
3) ME! Of course I talk about myself but apparently not enough. I think I have not been using this label to it's fullest. This will be worked on.
4) Do I really talk about my friends a lot? I have some of the most interesting and wonderful friends a person could wish for but I don't write about them much because I'm not so sure they would be okay with that.
5) It's around this point that I realized these labels really do reflect how important things are in my life. I had no idea it would be so telling. When I started writing my blog it was completely focused on music but it took a turn to be more about me.
6) Uh oh. Having drinking leveled with music is the first sign of a problem. Maybe I should think about attending meetings. Nah.
7) I guess scary ass people have become a frequent subject here. I enjoy writing about them. Some might say I enjoy it a little too much. Scary people are a big part of my life and surroundings. They keep things interesting. If I didn't enjoy their antics I wouldn't survive in this city. Especially dealing with artistic people. Those people are freaks! I would know, I am one.
8) After that rant you discover my obsession with scary people ties with my knack for unhealthy obsessions. Hmm... This sounds like dangerous territory. I love living recklessly.
9) How in the hell did Life become a label? What does that even mean? Not only did I create it but I found a reason to use it ten times. Yes I have a life more or less. What a shitty filler label. I'm not creative at all.
10) Life and Demon are equal in my blog? I think I can blame the whole life cop-out on my demon living within. I might need to go back and read all the Demon posts to see if I really wrote them or if the Demon did it. It might be around more than I realize. Like a multiple personality.
Well, I learned something about myself today. That was amusing. For me at least. Now how will I fix the 86 useless labels problem?