Friday, December 2, 2011

Getting Into the Spirit(s)

I'm trying to get in the spirit of the season but I feel so damn busy it just isn't working. I finally started sorting out my calendar yesterday. Holy crap I'm committed to a lot of parties and whatnot this month. Ahh! When will I find time to make the beer shower caddies I promised everyone?

Thankfully my mother already ordered the Bacon Lube my grandmother thinks we are getting her for Xmas. I don't want to disappoint.

Holiday Party Numero Uno starts tonight. I'm meeting old coworkers for our annual Winter Solstice gathering. To get myself in the proper holiday attitude I'm counting on the help of my friends. Perhaps it will help you as well. First off I shall turn to the musical styling of my handsome and disturbing friends Neil & Sky.



Share them with your friends and family!

Also, another friend of mine is apparently so obsessed with Christmas that he started a blog about it. Check out Larson's Cavalcade of Christmas. I have a feeling it will get pretty crazy over there.

If none of this works I'm going to start bringing spiked eggnog to work every day until we feel appropriately spirited at the office.

15 comments:

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I don't do Christmas anymore. I go down to Des Moines and help out with the Masonic Christmas Dinner that we put on for those folks who are alone or just need a meal. I find that it is better than parties. Besides I never get invited to parties anyway...and probably wouldn't go.. Don't like mob scenes. Rather just go out to eat with one or two friends and I can do that any time. Have a Happy Christmas.

Knight said...

Jay- Wow Debbie Downer! And to think I always go to you for a laugh. I think it's great you have the Masonic Dinner. Believe it or not it's actually difficult to donate your time to a service like that in NYC during this season. They have to many volunteers and you often get rejected.

Mike said...

Bacon lube.. I love the internet.

jack mehoff said...

3 things....

well 4 actually....

1 bacon lube????
2 awesome fucking song
3 love the hardware on the table neil and sky
4 goin to the work xmas party tonight - gonna get facedshit - cheers!

ps. outta anyones word verification, yours is by far the best "phally" really? youre a phally little girl....i dont know who says that. k im rambling. i need a drink.

Anonymous said...

I've sent out 114 Christmas letters. I'm not done. I hate moving... it's the gift that keeps on giving. (or taking. whatever)

I'm thinking that getting into the right spirits is not a bad idea. And it's only 2:36pm on a Friday.

Anonymous said...

I cut out Christmas/Holiday parties a long time ago. I also let my co-workers know I don't go to "house" holiday parties. Two years out of college I went to two, figured out that everyone there is just there to get smashed. Figured it would go that way for the rest of my life so I decided to spend my time elsewhere. I've found an inner peace only Dr. Sheldon Cooper could understand.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug!

LL said...

*hic*I know not of what you speak...*hic*

Lemme know how the spiked eggnog works for ya.

I'm With Stupid said...

I love the video. I "stumbled" it. I think that got them like 4 extra views. My sphere of influence is pretty impressive.

Jay

Dianne said...

leave out the eggnog and just go for the 'spike' :)

Reb said...

Cute song! I am with Dianne, just go for the spike.

Adam Lloyd said...

Bacon Lube reminds me a little bit of Black Mirror.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2011/dec/04/weekend-tv-highlights-black-mirror

Knight said...

Mike- It was supposed to be a prank but they received so many orders they decided to make it.

Jack- Good eye on the hardware. This whole video was shot in the prostitutes house. No Lie.

Spokalulu- My God Woman! Why so many?

Knot- Well alright. Don't party. But sometimes they turn out to be an amazing way to meet great people and open up your life to new experiences.

Larson- You got it babe.

LL- *SIGH* We are so alike.

Jay- You are the best! Thanks.

Dianne- Smart woman you are. The filler isn't necessary.

Reb- Right? What was I thinking?

Addman- Hmm... I see what you mean...

Mike said...

This video seems very familiar. Did you post it before?

Anonymous said...

Spiking the Egg Nog is always a WIN and it gets my Vote!