Thursday, May 3, 2007

I saw the future me!


Freddy has this sweet new job that occasionally provides him with free tickets to shows. (Not the bouncer job at Therapy, some legit thing.) So last night he invited me to see The Drowsy Chaperone. I have to admit, I liked it. I wasn't in love but I think that has a lot to do with the current cast, lack of audience, and general low energy of a Wednesday night. The only character that was really on was Aldolpho and after the show I was informed that he was the only original cast member left. All that being said... I would love to play the Chaperone! The character is exactly what I want to be when I grow up. I feel like the woman playing last night missed so many moments and it kills me to be able to watch this and know I'll never do it again. The show almost made me tear up reminding me how much I miss theater. I'm working on a plan to change that.

3 comments:

GMEyster said...

Yay for getting back into theatre! Cheers!

JasonBSchmidt said...

It is such a fun role and a fun show. Maybe you could perform her song in your (ehem) cabaret.

Darla said...

whats the plan? can i help?