Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Poodle Bear

Picture this:

Sunday Night.  A bar in downtown Manhattan with an upper level cabaret space.  A checkered stage.  A dimly lit room. The amazing Parodivas. Several of my best friends. Knight in a leopard corset dress with microphone in hand.

Didn’t anybody take a picture? No? WTF?
Well anyway, The Parodivas premiered their brand new monthly Show and invited ME to headline.
Look how hot they are despite being cold and homeless.


I did a dead diva tribute by singing some Amy Winehouse and Etta James. I don’t think they would mind. I also did the Jessica Rabbit version of Why don’t you do right and used it as an excuse to molest the audience. 

Up until I actually got on the stage I was having some serious anxiety issues. Singing with tracks instead of a live instrument is really f’ing scary. The Parodivas do it with ease but I was fairly sure I was about to humiliate myself by forgetting the lyrics and not being able to bullshit my way back out. Luckily it appears my bullshitting skills are fully intact and everything went well. 

After my set I could calm down and enjoy the last ten minutes of the show as the Parodivas performed one of their ever popular audience participation MadLib Parodies. Before I left the stage they asked me for a pet name. Not the kind you would give a pet but something disturbing a lover might say to you. I gave them the most embarrassing pet name I could recall being called. We then listened to My Poodle Bear sung to the tune of My Endless Love. *VOMITS ON SELF*

It was a pretty fantastic night. I was incredibly surprised and flattered by the friends that showed up to support us.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that Oprah was somehow haunting the show. Don’t mention or mock her onstage unless you want some serious sound issues to start up. We are sorry Oprah! Please don’t send Tom Cruise to eat us.

9 comments:

Reb said...

Knight, I am sure you were fantastic and had a lot of fun doing "Why don't you do right?". Put Jessica Rabbit to shame, I'll bet!

LL said...

As our dear Tiffy always says... pictures or it didn't happen. :ewink:

But having heard you sing Peel Me a Grape... I'm going to wager that you and Etta got along all right.

And if you showed up on your Harley in a leopard skin corset dress... I'd definitely tell you where I was. ;P

Anonymous said...

POLO Sweaters For Men, are few as a result of the snow blue wool's output, falls short of demand, in the market sells so-called " Snow blue wool POLO L-Sleeved Shirt For Men " Many are take New Zealand's half thin wool as raw material Polo for women polo. Some named " Snow blue wool " The woolen sweater, the selling price each insufficiency hundred Yuan even only several dozens Yuan, in fact are imitate the snow blue wool style the product, some " Snow blue wool polo shirt" Then becomes by many kinds of mixed wool spinning, can only make the thick yarn, the price is also cheap. Also has by the low in price, Yang who is welcome the consumer Zi the wool, is actually the lamb wool, its feel is thick, makes the yarn use. Second, the goats wool long sleeve for women wool is refers to the shag which and the dead wool on the goats wool body cuts takes POLO T-Shirts For Men.
Generally on the goats wool body's fine fur is very short, cannot reel thread, the shag also can only make the writing brush, the brush and so on, only then Mahai wool exception POLO Shirts For Men.

I'm With Stupid said...

I wish I had been there to see it live. I bet you were freaking awesome Pookie! ;-)

Jay

Gary's third pottery blog said...

darn, twould be nice to hear your singing again :)

jack mehoff said...

uhhh sure kev....find a sale on polo did ya...whatta weirdo!

Mike said...

You molest audience members? Had I known that I probably would have come!

BSOB said...

congratulations! sounds like an awesome night

The Parodivas said...

WEEEEEEEE have video, but we just haven't had the chance to watch it/send it to you yet. We shall though. Do not worry!

We LOVED having you on the show and fully intend to do a recording of My Poodle Bear which will then be immortalized.

You're welcome.